Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My experience with Innovative Public Relations


By: Laura Keesaer
 
My personal experience with Innovative Public Relations has been really fun! I have enjoyed doing all the social media, helping plan the Show Me Justice Film Festival, and working on the Welcome Back Edition stories. It is really cool knowing that my stories I wrote will be distributed to community households.

Innovative Public Relations has helped me better prepare for the real world and what it will be like when having real clients. The student led firm is a really good thing that the university has because it helps students realize what it would be like working in a real firm. This makes the students who work for IPR very marketable. Employers will see that they know what public relations is actually like rather than just reading about it. I learn by doing things myself and this has definitely helped me! It has helped me grown in the areas of professionalism. I feel like I am more professional and confident in my myself.

I feel more comfortable going up to people and trying to communicate with them on an event that is taking place. Sometimes you have to be the first person who makes that initial contact and in this career field, that is most certainly true. It’s helped me be more professional because it does feel like a job, not a class. I am excited to add Innovative Public Relations to my portfolio and my resume. I have learned to multi-task better and be efficient with my time.

I would recommend Innovative Public Relations to anyone, especially anyone interested in the public relations field. I have learned so much, and I know other people will too.

Summary of things I learned:

  • Be more professional
  • Better writing skills
  • Communicating better with clients
  • I am more confident in myself when talking to clients
  • More efficient at multitasking

No comments:

Post a Comment